sean mcalister
@jason bruges studio @project context @matzine @musarc @meta architecture


▪▪▪ p r o l o g u e
▪▪▪ b l o g
▪▪▪ p r o j e c t s
▪▪▪ c o n t a c t

↓↓↓ m o r e


recent articles



friends


my plus one
14 November 2011



my date and i, we arrive at the wedding, 12th november 2010

my sister married a year ago, this month.
at the wedding reception i pretended
that my camera was a girlfriend or date.
the evident yearning for social,
and otherwise interpersonal intimacy,
through contrived anthropomorphising,
spins perversion, amusement and analogous-thought
into warm and shocking revolutions

performance artist, and good friend, kate janes explores similar self-aware, self-conscious things in her work.


photograph from kate's website

This work is called ‘Hostess’ and consists of a series of photographs of papier mache heads on sticks which are guests at a fantasy dinner party, where I am the perfect hostess, confident, witty and the centre of attention. This is in somewhat stark contrast to reality and these images depict an afternoon where I called the shots.



Labels: , ,



▪▪▪












designed by sean